cAREERS AT FAMILY CONNECT CARE
JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM OF CARING PROFESSIONALS
We are a dedicated team of professionals committed to providing care and dignity to the “chronologically gifted” and support to the families that love them
[Find out what our current Team Members are saying about us…]
Family Connect Care is a growing non-medical home care company in the South Bay. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional care 24/7. We work with the “Chronologically Gifted” and their families to enhance quality of life, encourage independence, and assure a safe and supportive living environment. Our vision is to preserve dignity for our clients while providing peace of mind for their loved ones, and making this complex task seem easy.
We are Hiring in TORRANCE and SOLVANG
Email us or call us to schedule an interview.
Resumes can be emailed to BusOffice@familyconnectcare.com
We are seeking care associates with experience in providing care to senior adults and adults with cognitive decline.
- Competitive hourly pay + bonuses available
- Benefits, including paid vacation and paid personal time
- Growth opportunities
- Incentive programs
- Care Associate to Resident ratio is 1 Care Associate for every 2 residents
- Flexible schedules: Full and Part time hours available. 8 & 12 hr Shifts
- On the job training provided
- Paid training
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) functions under the direct supervision of the Director of Care/Registered Nurse (RN). Each of our homes has at most six residents in beautiful residential home settings.
- We are seeking LVN’s with experience in providing care to senior adults and adults with cognitive decline.
- Must have at least two years experience of nursing care to patients with Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Must be currently registered with California Board of Vocational Nursing
- Must present a professional demeanor and good interpersonal skills
- Needs to maintain a calm and professional attitude during crisis and conflict
- Must demonstrate initiative and good judgment
- Must respond appropriately to routine and emergency situations and be able to set and revise priorities based on changes in the situation
The LVN’s responsibilities will include:
- Performance of basic assessments, and report and document changes in a patient’s condition.
- Measuring vital signs, performing medical treatments, and administering prescribed medications
- Provide nursing care for all patients within scope of LVN practice 5.
- Gathers data relevant to the patient’s individual needs and age group
- Provide direct care assisting clients in their daily activities
- Responsibilities include bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, meals, ambulation, engagement activities.
- Keeping updated care records, reporting any changes in client’s conditions, interacting effectively with families, and staff
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-2 years or more in the care of senior adults and adults with cognitive decline
- Basic knowledge of Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias
- Must have compassion to work with adults with cognitive decline
- Must be honest,fair, dependable
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must practice and promote Family Connect Care’s Policies and Procedures, Core Values and Founding Principles
- Meet all health requirements and pass background checks
- Must be 18 years of age and older
- CPR Card
Immediate opening for full time Cook in upscale memory care community in Torrance, CA. The Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking a wide variety of food for residents and visitors. He/she prepares food according to recipes and plans cooking schedules to meet mealtime schedules. In addition, the Cook performs related duties and cleaning duties, as assigned. Must have knowledge of principles, tool and techniques of food service management including menu planning and purchasing. Must be able to pass a department of justice background and physical.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: ·
- Preparing meals following standardized recipes and therapeutic diets.
- Cleaning, Sanitation, Food Safety.
- Serving attractive resident meals following food preferences.
- Handles and prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Prepares palatable and appetizing meals, as prescribed for the residents by the attending physician.
- Meets required meal schedules.
- Takes necessary measures to avoid food waste.
- Properly cares for dietary equipment and production area.
- Follows menus and special diet instructions.
- Must work with the team to be accountable for ensuring all prep and production gets done to ensure timely meal service.
- Must ensure excellent plate presentation and temperature maintenance
- Must be a team player, have proven culinary skills, practice safe food handling and clean work habits, and have a passion for providing quality dining experiences to residents.
- Must be able to work some weekends and holidays
- Experience cooking in health care preferred
- Food handler’s card
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language sufficiently and comprehensively enough to perform the essential functions of the job
By Lisa Andre. Originally published in Santa Ynez Valley News on 1/11/22 Family Connect has opened it newest adult memory care home in Solvang, adding to the organization's three other state-of-the-art locations in Torrance.The newest location, located at 659 Chalk...
We often get asked “Is it better to work with a placement agency that has contracts with all local homes and communities, because they’re completely unbiased?” Traditional placement agencies do not have contracts with all local homes and communities. Facilities,...
Family Connect Care provides transitional care management throughout and after placement In all placements, our goal is to get it right the first time. Moving is a stressful experience, even more so for the elderly and memory-impaired, so we do our best to achieve the...
Related News / Posts
A heart-felt letter from a resident's daughter -- Lauren, I’ve been writing this letter, in my mind, for more than a year. My mom, Judy, was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s/dementia several years ago. I had no idea what that meant as far as my mom’s future and her...
By Lauren Mahakian Contributing writer. Originally published in PV News on 03/9/2022 Joy riding. Who said it was just for the young? When we think of joy riding, the sounds of music, hair in the wind, and the freedom to dream comes to mind; none of which should be...
By Lauren Mahakian Contributing writer. Originally published in Santa Ynez Velley News on 02/13/2022 Our Solvang home is now a true home. We have welcomed some beautiful residents, the sun is shining in our outdoor spaces, and there is always something cooking — an...